Union for Radical Political Economics (URPE) Dissertation Fellowship 2021-2022 (Stipend of $6,500)
Deadline: May 31, 2021
Applications are open for the Union for Radical Political Economics (URPE) Dissertation Fellowship 2021-2022. The URPE invites doctoral candidates in any discipline with an approved dissertation proposal in the area of radical political economics to apply for the URPE Dissertation Fellowship.
Founded in 1968, The Union for Radical Political Economics (URPE) is an interdisciplinary membership organization of academics and of activists. Its mission is to promote the study, development and application of radical political economic analysis to social problems. Concretely this involves a continuing critique of both the capitalist system, and of all forms of exploitation and oppression. URPE’s mission also includes, coming out of this critique, helping to construct a progressive social policy, and a human-centered radical alternative to capitalism.
- The URPE dissertation fellow will receive $6,500 to support their dissertation writing during the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Applications are open to doctoral candidates;
- The PhD may be in any discipline with an approved dissertation proposal in the area of radical political economics.
Applicants should submit:
- A cover letter describing their background in radical political economics and explaining how the fellowship would contribute to the completion of their dissertation;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Their approved dissertation proposal;
- Two letters of reference (one of which should be from the dissertation committee chair). Letters of reference should be submitted directly by the letter writer here.
For more information, visit URPE Dissertation Fellowship.