AfricaMuseum Residency Program 2021 (Funded)
Deadline: June 11, 2021
Applications are open for the AfricaMuseum Residency Program 2021. The program aims to strengthen the exchange and dissemination of information and knowledge, to compare views, opinions and testimonies of colonial history and colonial memories, and of representations and status of African cultural heritage in Europe and Africa.
The objectives of the residency include:
- Offering a new vision or new perspectives on ecology;
- Generating creative output on the theme of ecological knowledge and environmental change inspired by the museum’s collections and archives;
- Contributing to a better understanding of the relationships between collections, environment, and people (source communities in particular).
The residence offers:
- 12 weeks of residence from September 2021 onwards (subject to prevailing health regulations).
- Access to the collections and archives of the AfricaMuseum as a place for the coproduction of knowledge.
- Coverage of transport / travel costs.
- Coverage of housing costs.
- Payment of a daily allowance (per diem) and fees.
- The residence will be the subject of an official agreement.
- Open to artists, musicians, journalists, architects, engineers, creative people that are particularly aware of the human impact on the environment, biodiversity, ecological knowledge and inspired by museum collections.
- Applications from people based in Central Africa are strongly encouraged.
Guests in residence will be expected to:
- Make oral presentation (Museum Talk) or participating in a round table discussion;
- Creative output in the form of an intervention in the permanent exhibition, a small exhibition, an installation / performance in the AfricaMuseum, a manifesto or even the creation of a tool or multimedia content.
The following documents should be provided: CV, cover letter, description of the residency project and the envisaged result.
For more information, visit AfricaMuseum.