Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN) Entrepreneurship Training Program 2021
Deadline: August 1, 2021
Applications are open for the Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN) Entrepreneurship Training Program 2021. The program will be targeted at equipping Nigerian entrepreneurs with the requisite business knowledge and skills that will help their businesses thrive in the new normal, while also helping them sustain a competitive advantage within their relative industries.
The program will comprise of 2 stages and will be implemented over a 3-month period in collaboration with Google Nigeria, Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) and Wider Perspective Limited (WPL). In addition to providing funding and risk-sharing facilities to MSMEs and Small Corporates through participating financial institutions, the Development Bank of Nigeria is expected to build the Capacity of the Nigerian MSME to enable them eligible to access credit.
This proposed strategy is to ensure that DBN builds a quality and sustainable Capacity Building Program that meets the below objectives:
- Ensure MSMEs are well equipped with skills and competencies to defend sound and viable business proposals
- Improve the Capacity of MSMEs to access available credit
- Improve the capacity of MSMEs for efficient funds utilization, trade, investments and access to markets
- Acknowledgment and opening and closing.
- A self-paced fundamental of Digital Marketing course for pre-selected 1000 entrepreneurs available for a 1- month period (Aug 16 – September 10)
- The first 250 MSMEs who complete the self-paced fundamental course will be invited to join the live instructor led webinar sessions with Google Nigeria, after which the best 200 MSMEs who attend the live webinar session will be invited to the face-to-face training in Lagos and Abuja.
- Curriculum will be tailored to the needs of the selected 200 MSMEs upon the completion of a needs-based analysis.
- Shortlisted MSMEs will all be eligible to attend the pitching session of this training to access some funding available.
- All successful MSMEs who attend the face-to-face training will receive a certificate of completion.
- Owner of business must be 18 years and above.
- Business Owner must be a citizen or legal resident of Nigeria.
- The Business must be based and registered with the CAC in Nigeria.
- The Business must be for profit from any sector.
- Applicant must be available to commit to the training schedule once accepted.
- Bankability – Level of readiness to access credit.
- Feasibility and Sustainability of the business model.
- Scalability – Demonstrates potential for growth of business to create jobs.
All applicants must complete an application form by providing all requested information. Upon submission of the application form, an email confirming receipt will be sent to the applicant within a 24-hour period.
For more information, visit DBN Entrepreneurship Training.