Deadline: July 16, 2021
Applications are open for the PTCIJ Climate Change Media Fellowship Program 2021. The Premium Times Centre for Investigative Journalism (PTCIJ), through its Natural Resources Program (NAREP), is pleased to invite journalists, media professionals, researchers and analysts for its inaugural climate change media fellowship across west Africa.
Through this fellowship, NAREP aims to raise public awareness by shedding light on important climate change issues in West Africa including evidence of, and solutions to the crises. NAREP aims to strengthen the capacity of media and civil society to carry out deep and impactful reporting as well as advocacy around issues relating to natural resources, extractives and climate change.
- Training and mentorship opportunities for fellows
- Monthly stipend and data allowance.
- Media appearances on topical climate change issues
- Open to journalists, policy analysts and researchers working around climate change-related issues in any of these English-speaking West African countries: Ghana, The Gambia, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nigeria.
- Applicants must have relevant experience in investigative reporting, research, or policy analysis.
- Female journalists/ researchers are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Pitches/research proposals must be centred around climate change in West Africa (you can focus on a country).
The deadline for application is July 16, 2021. Late applications will not be considered.
For more information, visit PTCIJ Fellowship.