Deadline: August 2, 2021
Are you young, smart and ambitious? Do you have a passion for creative content? Are you a doer interested in developing the right skills to achieve your goals? Do you want to create the next generation of mobile games? Apply for the Google/Maliyo Games Developer Bootcamp 2021.
Google in partnership with Maliyo Games has launched a training Bootcamp for beginner game developers that aims to take you from zero experience to creating android game titles published on the Google Play store. The Bootcamp is designed for individuals with basic programming experience. You will learn how to refine, package and develop casual mobile games. During the course, students will learn development techniques, work on gameplay mechanics and complete full game projects along the way.
The course curriculum will cover topics such as;
- Game mechanics
- Level design
- In-game monetisation
- Gamification techniques
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine learning
- Teamwork & collaboration
Selected candidates can expect the following during the training.
- State-of-the-art mobile gaming curriculum
- Self-paced and project-based learning
- Periodic assessments and evaluation
- Power & Internet access
- Modern work environment
- Certification & Paid Internship
- Applicant must reside in Nigeria, Ghana or Kenya;
- Own a laptop or desktop computer;
- Must pass the Ramp Up Course;
- Available to commence bootcamp in August 2021.
The ideal candidate should possess some of the following qualities
- Have successfully completed an online software programming course in the past 12 months;
- A strong passion for self learning and problem solving;
- Enthusiastic about launching a game development career.
After completing the online application, complete the C# ramp up course to enable you to prepare for the upcoming technical interview. Top students from the technical interview who meet the eligibility criteria would be invited to join the program.
For more information, visit Game Developer Bootcamp.