Pacific Greenpreneurs Incubator Program 2021 (Up to $5,000 in seed funding)
Deadline: August 31, 2021
Are you an early-stage green entrepreneur in the Pacific? Want to build your business through training, mentoring & networking? Interested in winning USD 5,000 in seed funding? Apply for the Pacific Greenpreneurs Incubator Program 2021.
The Pacific Greenpreneurs Incubator program is a free, carefully curated training and mentoring program designed to support green entrepreneurs to build robust and sustainable business models, and the skills, tools, and confidence to implement them for success. The program will culminate in a business pitch competition that will provide seed funds to winning enterprises. The program will run from October 2021-January 2022 in partnership with the Qatar Fund For Development and Youth Climate Lab and local business support organizations.
- Orientation: As Pacific Greenpreneurs, you will begin your journey with an intensive two-day in person kick-off workshop (COVID-19 restrictions permitting) to focus on your business and meet like-minded green entrepreneurs and mentors from your country and the region to focus on your business model. Where an in-person workshop is not possible, you will join a virtual orientation session to meet other program participants from your country and region, while learning the program track, setting expectations, and meeting your mentor.
- 3-month virtual training: Orientation will be followed by weekly online training built around the lean start-up canvas through participatory webinars and online assignments – each module dedicated to one step of building out your business model.
- Mentorship Program: Based on business needs and preferences, each Greenpreneur will be assigned a mentor who will act as a ‘sounding board’ and support to guide them through the process of building out their business models.
- Networking: During and beyond the program, Pacific Greenpreneurs will have on-going opportunities to engage with like-minded entrepreneurs and supporters of green enterprises in the Pacific region and beyond, providing opportunities for professional development, brand-building and awareness, and more.
- Pitch Competition: The final pitch competition involves participants putting together their business plans and pitches. The competition serves to demonstrate the entrepreneur/teams’ growth throughout the program and gives them the opportunity to compete for seed funding.
- The Pacific Greenpreneurs Incubator program offers 12 weeks of blended in-person and virtual training, local mentoring and networking opportunities.
- Successful entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to participate in a business competition to secure grant seed fund capital of USD$5,000.
Anyone with an enterprise demonstrating a green focus may apply as an individual or team, provided that the lead applicant:
- Is 18 years old or above;
- Is a citizen of one of the following countries: Fiji, Kiribati, Papua New Guinea Samoa, Tonga, or Vanuatu. (Proof of citizenship will be required.);
- Operates a for-profit business in one of the countries listed above.
The Pacific Greenpreneurs Incubator program is focused on supporting green enterprises to grow, generating positive environmental and social impact. Applicants for this program will be assessed against the following broad criteria as demonstrated through submitted applications. Please keep these criteria in mind as you complete your application.
- Green business focus
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Business growth potential
- Social inclusion (of women, youth, or marginalised groups)
For more information, visit Pacific Greenpreneurs Incubator Program.