Access Bank Ghana Business Startup Challenge 2021 for Entrepreneurs (GHS 30,000 prize)
Deadline: October 1, 2021
Applications are open for the Access Bank Ghana Business Startup Challenge 2021. The Business startup challenge is an Access Bank Ghana PLC initiative designed to help young entrepreneurs in Ghana successfully set up and run businesses.
Major challenges of start-ups in Ghana are generally funding, mismanagement of resources and lack of business expertise and strategies. Many of these start-ups and businesses shutdown due to lack of training, experience, and strategies to properly manage funds and other resources. This is where The Business Startup Challenge (TBSUC) comes in handy.
TBSUC is a business challenge for young entrepreneurs in Ghana between ages 18 and 35. Those selected will go through a series of workshops and mentorship to nurture their start-ups or business ideas into reality. Shortlisted entrepreneurs from different regions in Ghana will compete by sharing innovative ideas on how their businesses could transform society when given the needed support.
- The grand prize for this season is GHS 30,000 prize money, Business advisory services, coaching, life insurance cover worth GHS 20,000.00 and other exciting rewards.
- Open to all entrepreneurs in Ghana.
- Teams can apply. The team should not be more than two people.
- Applicant must have business ideas or start-up businesses, capable of solving problems in Ghana.
- Must be between 18-35 years of age.
- Must be operating in Ghana and be registered with the Registrar General’s Department of Ghana. An applicant may however apply for the challenge then start the business registering process).
- Must have a new business idea or a prototype of an already existing one that is sustainable and has the potential to grow and expand.
- Must be willing to undergo training, mentorship and be present during all phases of the project.
- Should have only one other member for those applying as a team.
- Stage 1: Filling out the online application form.
- Complete your personal and business details correctly
- Complete a brief description of your business.
- Complete your registration and await the feedback from the faculty, on whether you have qualified to the next stage.
- Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
- Stage 2: Present your business in 60 seconds at a pitch audition
- You will be invited to a physical audition in Accra to pitch your business to the Jury for a chance to qualify into the challenge. Each jury member will have 10 spots to fill at this stage.
- Stage 3: Once a candidate qualifies into the top 50, they will be attending The Business Startup Clinic where they get the chance to present their business ideas to make it into the boot camp. The competition begins here.