European Commission #BeInclusive Sport Awards 2021 (€15,000 total prize)
Deadline: October 21, 2021
Nominations are invited for the European Commission #BeInclusive Sport Awards 2021. Sport is fun, exciting, and brings people together. This makes it a powerful tool for breaking down social barriers, creating a sense of European identity and building a more inclusive world.
Every year, the European Commission awards organisations whose work recognises the power of sport to improve social inclusion for disadvantaged groups. Europeans organisations are using sport more than ever as a constructive means of including all kinds of backgrounds: ethnic minorities, refugees, migrants, people with disabilities, vulnerable young people or any other group that faces challenging social circumstances.
The three prize categories include:
- Breaking Barriers: This category is to reward projects that demonstrate resilience, with examples of overcoming obstacles to participation
- Celebrating diversity: For sporting projects that demonstrate tolerance, with positive examples of different people, groups and collaborations which emphasise the benefits of understanding each other
- Inspiring change: This prize category recognises projects that provide inspiration, telling positive stories of empowerment, with exemplary role models from disadvantaged groups who step up to lead change.
- A total prize fund of EUR 15,000 is provided for first, second and third placed winners in each category.
- Open to European organisations whose work recognises the power of sport to improve social inclusion for disadvantaged groups;
- The types of projects that may be nominated for #BeInclusive prizes typically involve:
- disadvantaged, marginalised or underprivileged groups such as individuals with difficult social, economic or educational backgrounds
- people with a disability and/or health challenges
- people of diverse cultural background such as migrants, refugees, ethnic minorities or people living with geographical barriers and more.
The closing date for the receipt of entries is October 21, 2021.
For more information, visit #BeInclusive Sport Awards.