YouthActionNg – DoSomething Changemakers Hub: Call for Community Activators
Deadline: Rolling Basis
YouthActionNg – DoSomething Changemakers Hub is calling passionate young Nigerians to join them as Community Activators. The Community Activators are volunteer community engagement individuals who will be working to ensure mobilisation, engagement and coordination of users of the DoSomeThing platform.
They are particularly interested in recruiting student leaders, youth leaders, emerging community leaders and changemakers who have already established some interest in social change and cultivated some form of followership and interest in activating a New Nigeria. Community Activators (CAs) will support the building and sustenance of the Community of Practice on the platform.
Each CAs will be expected to liaise and engage at least 50 youth leaders and community change-makers from their sphere of influence to access and use the DoSomething Digital Hub. They includes:
- Actively ensure the recruitment of young Nigerians as active citizens to sign up and engage on the DoSomething platform. CAs will commit to ensuring they support, recruit and engage at least 50 youth leaders throughout their engagement. They will help mentor and keep registered users under their care interested in their learning efforts and social action projects.
- Follow up and shadowing to resolve issues and encourage completion of courses and modules.
- Serve as Ambassadors of the DoSomething for New Nigeria Social Impact Platform.
- Time Commitment: They anticipate an average of 6-10hrs a week of engagement for about 6 months on average.
- CAs must be available to attend a Virtual Training Session and Walkthrough on the Platform as scheduled.
- While CAs are volunteers, as a gesture of support the organisers will cover a modest cost for engaging peers and mentoring of users. Cost is expected to cover a modest reimbursement for Internet, telephone and related costs.
- Upon completion, all CAs will receive special recognition as “Champions of New Nigeria – Changemakers Activators Ambassador” They will also be inducted into CCs Social Impact Activators Alumni Group.
- Open to student leaders, youth leaders, emerging community leaders and changemakers in Nigeria;
- They should have already established some interest in social change and cultivated some form of followership and interest in activating a New Nigeria.
Application for the first cohort of CAs is ongoing and applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. Application received on or before November 5 will receive priority consideration.
For more information, visit Community Activators.