Apply: E4E Inaugural Tech Policy Fellowship on Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) in Africa 2021
Deadline: November 30, 2021
The call for applications is open for the E4E Inaugural Tech Policy Fellowship on Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) in Africa 2021. Emerging Technologies for Emerging Markets (E4E) is a tech policy advocacy group and Think Tank seeking to toe the path of policy-to-action that ensures emerging markets are not outmaneuvered in the adoption of emerging technologies. For the launch, they are organizing a Fellowship program, and this is the call for applications.
The inevitability of digital currencies is a fact supported by the historical evolution of money from cowries of the stone age to today’s paper money. Obviously, the digital age needs money that embodies the characteristics of this era.
While private digital currencies like bitcoin and Ether appear to be gaining prominence, Central Banks worldwide are considering a countermeasure through a central bank digital currency (CBDC). Apparently, the Battle of the Coins is imminent.
However, with the exception of the Central Bank of Nigeria and the Bank of Ghana, few CBDC-related activities are seen in Africa. This calls for an examination into the state of CBDC in Africa and the theme for the inaugural Fellowship/Policy Report.
- Weekly intimate sessions with experts on topics relating to the theme.
- Opportunity to collaborate on the creation of the first Africa continent-wide report on CBDC.
- Network with other professionals within and outside Africa.
- Anyone with an interest in tech policy advocacy.
- Anyone with an interest in the theme (CBDC in Africa).
- Anyone with experience doing research and writing.
- Anyone with a strong command of the English language, writing, and speaking.
Are you interested in taking the road less traveled with E4E? Apply now.
All applicants will be contact by December 15 with the status of their application and the next steps.
For more information, visit E4E Inaugural Tech Policy Fellowship.