Deadline: January 23, 2022
Applications are open for the ReelSkills for Agribusiness (R4A) Program 2022. The ReelSkills for Agribusiness (R4A) is a training and job-matching program designed to equip young people with real technical and soft skills demanded by SMEs within the Agri-processing sector in Nigeria.
The program will go beyond equipping young people with these relevant skills to connecting them with decent jobs within the Agri-processing sector. Over 3 years, 1000 youths (60% women) will pass through the training program and at least 800 of these will be matched to worthwhile jobs. The target beneficiaries are 18 – 35-year-olds with minimal work experience.
This program is funded by the Netherlands Government under the Challenge Fund for Youth Employment (CFYE) program.
Candidates can choose between two pathways:
- Processing (courses include Food Safety & NAFDAC requirements)
- Digital Sales & Marketing (courses include Customer Service & Social Selling)
- The participants would not be required to pay any amount or cover any cost whatsoever as the program is entirely free.
- The applicant must be a citizen of Nigeria.
- Applicants for the Processing pathway should be with at least an SSCE qualification and applicants for the Digital Sales & Marketing pathway should be with an OND qualification.
- The participants do not need to reside in Lagos, However, the one-week training would be done in Central Mainland Lagos, and the job matching location(s) in Lagos and Ogun states. Preferably Applicants residing in Lagos, Ogun, or Ibadan are encouraged to apply.
The training will be conducted in batches, and candidates will be recruited on an ongoing basis for each one. Note that a candidate may be assigned to the next cohort once they have reached the maximum class size for a batch.
For more information, visit ReelSkills for Agribusiness.