Mercy Corps Ventures Crypto For Good Fund 2022 (up to $100,000)
Deadline: April 15, 2022
Applications for the Mercy Corps Ventures Crypto For Good Fund 2022 are now open. The objective of the Fund is to drive global financial inclusion through a series of pilots, building an evidence base to prove the scalability of blockchain-enabled solutions in making a positive impact on the 1.7 billion people in the world who are currently unbanked.
Mercy Corps Ventures (MCV) is looking for startups, small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and social enterprises in Africa, South and SouthEast Asia, Latin America, the Caribbean, the Middle East, Pacific Islands, and Western Balkans, who innovatively apply decentralized finance (DeFi) and blockchain technology to build financial inclusion solutions for un/underbanked and low-income users.
Solutions can include, but are not limited to:
- Coins / Tokens
- Digital wallets
- Lending protocols
- Digital ID
- Smart contracts
- The Fund will provide an equity-free grant of between $25,000 and $100,000 to ten eligible startups, to run their pilot over a six month period in 2022.
- Alongside capital MCV will provide mentorship, impact measurement advisory, access to partnership opportunities, knowledge exchange, and visibility via their communications channels.
- Applicants must be early-stage startups leveraging blockchain to deliver financial inclusion solutions to low-income and/or un/underbanked users;
- Have active users and commercial revenue;
- Be an entity registered and operating in the country of pilot.
- Pilots can operate in Africa, South and Southeast Asia, Latin America, the Caribbean, the Middle East, Pacific Islands, Eastern Europe or Western Balkans.
It is anticipated that the application form should take 2-4 hours and must be completed in English. Prepare your responses in a separate document to ensure you do not lose longer answers if you close the form before submitting.
For more information, visit Crypto For Good Fund.