Excellent Minds Essay Competition 2022 for West African students
Deadline: May 5, 2022
Applications are open for the Excellent Minds Essay Competition 2022. The Excellent Minds Essay Competition is a brainchild of the Excellent Minds Social and Youth Empowerment Initiative. It is an annual essay competition for undergraduate students in tertiary institutions.
The competition is aimed at promoting critical thinking, harnessing ideas, and developing the talents, abilities, gifts, and skills inherent in the African youth. Over the years, the Excellent Minds Essay Competition has been conducted across Nigerian Universities. Since its official launch, it has inspired innovative and high-impact student projects and ideas aimed at solving Nigeria’s most pressing problems.
This year and onwards, the competition is expanding to tertiary institutions across West Africa, focusing on developmental issues associated with the region. The competition theme for this year’s edition is Partnership for Sustainable Development in West Africa.
- First Prize: Apple ipad and a Plaque
- Second Prize: Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite and a Plaque
- Third prize: Kindle 6″ Wifi eBook Reader [10th gen] and a Plaque
- The top 5 essays will also be published on EMI’s website for unrestricted access by the online community.
- Open to undergraduate students in West Africa;
- They must be registered in any discipline across tertiary institutions in West Africa.
- In not more than 1000 words, identify and describe some of the major challenges facing West Africa, and propose collaborative solutions for West African countries. These solutions should not negatively affect their commitments to other African nations.
- Use 12-point Times New Roman or Arial font, 1.5-line spacing, and include page numbers.
- The word count does not include your cover page and references.
- All entries must be in English
The deadline for submission is May 5, 2022. Shortlisted semi-finalists will be notified by May 30, 2022.
For more information, visit EMI Essay Competition.