Deadline: June 24, 2022
Applications are open for the VHLX Fellowship 2022 for Latinx Founders. Google is providing $10k in cash to participating Latinx founders and teaming up with Visible Hands to support them on their journey from the start.
The program runs for 20 weeks, virtually, with a series of digital programming and mentorship happening each week. Founders will receive customized hands-on support from the team across a range of functions such as design, marketing, and business strategy. The program will run from August 1 to December 16, 2022. The cohort will consist of approximately 20 startups.
- You will receive $10,000 in non-dilutive capital to help kickstart your idea. Following the program, you will be able to apply for additional funding of up to $150,000 from Visible Hands.
- Get support with projects that help propel your startup forward, ranging from design, brand, marketing, strategy, and even recruitment. Think of them as an extension of your startup team.
- Receive deep mentorship from industry experts and Google employees throughout the program: fireside chats, tactical workshops, office hours, pitch feedback sessions, and everything in between.
- Become a part of a close-knit cohort of early-stage founders with diverse backgrounds and skillsets. They will also connect you with an extensive national network of investors, mentors, and industry experts.
- You must be a founder that identifies as Latinx, Latina, Latino, Chicano, Chicana, Chicanx, Indigenous Latinx, or First Peoples. They decided on the term “Latinx” for the overall program because they believe it is the most inclusive term that reflects all gender identities. However, they understand that this term does not work for everyone, and they invite you to identify yourself as you see fit.
- You or your ancestors must have come from a Latin American country, including the Caribbean, Central, or South America. If your company is already incorporated, it must be a registered entity within the United States. Founders must have primary residence in United States.
- You do not need to currently be full-time on your business, but you must have intentions to do so if you obtain the right capital and resources.
There are two stages to the application process:
- A written application and
- An interview round. You will hear back on the evening of July 11 whether or not you receive an interview invitation. Block some time for a potential interview on July 13, 14, or 15. If you work full-time on another job, they will work around your schedule.
For more information, visit VHLX Fellowship.