Get Girls Going Teen Entrepreneurs Summer Program 2022
Applications are open for the Get Girls Going Teen Entrepreneurs Summer Program 2022. Get Girls Going (GGG) empowers Black teen girls to create social enterprises that solve problems in the world, and in doing so equips them to be leaders that challenge racial and gender inequities that prevent them from success.
Get Girls Going runs a 6 week summer incubator for Black high school girls who are selected to take part in a youth entrepreneurship program. To provide support for each girl in the program, GGG hires college women to work closely with the girls to ensure programmatic success.
What it Means to be a GGG Entrepreneur
A GGG entrepreneur is someone who is motivated to make a difference in other people’s lives. She is someone who enjoys problem solving and working in groups. She sees the opportunities in problems around her and is interested in leading the change within her community. A GGG entrepreneur is a young Black leader looking to work with like minded girls and women to develop her ideas!
- Developing a social impact business idea that will qualify as a social enterprise.
- Creating a product or service that solves a problem or adds value to people’s lives.
- Testing assumptions and validating their ideas.
- Attending and participating in all workshops and events.
- Pitching business idea for funding and resources.
- Selected applicants will receive $14.25/hour.
- Must be an upcoming sophomore, junior, or senior in high school;
- Should be interested in exploring entrepreneurship or innovation;
- Must be able to attend sessions, events, and meet programming requirements;
- Identifies as a Black teen girl.
All GGG entrepreneurs will be required to work Monday – Friday, July 5, 2022 – August 13, 2022 (9:00AM – 3:00PM) for up to 25 hours per week.
For more information, visit Get Girls Going.