10th Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) Public Diplomacy Training 2022
Deadline: August 7, 2022
Nominations for the 10th ASEF Public Diplomacy Training 2022 are now open. The ASEF Public Diplomacy Training (ASEFPDT) combines participatory online learning and face-to-face interactions facilitated by public diplomacy experts and trainers.
The modules are designed to keep participants abreast of new developments in the field through peer-to-peer learning, analysing case studies and designing strategic campaigns. The primary objective of the online course is to enhance the participants’ skills to listen, understand, exchange views, collaborate and deliver an effective message to shape public perception and opinion in the context of Asia-Europe relations.
Structure & Content
10th ASEFPDT – Online Course (September – October 2022)
The online component of ASEFPDT10 is designed and managed by DiploFoundation. Participants will read the provided lecture text, adding questions, comments and references in the form of hypertext entries on an online training platform. The course methodology is based on collaborative approach to learning, which means that the trainers and other participants will read and respond to these entries, creating interactions based on the lecture text.
All course activities are asynchronous so that participants can take care of these activities whenever it is convenient for them. The only fixed activity is the one-hour long weekly session where trainers and participants will meet in either a chat room or a Zoom meeting room to discuss the weekly topic.Focus time required per week over the course of 8 weeks: 4 hours (including a chat session).
10th ASEFPDT – Face-to-Face Training (November 2022)
The Face-to-face training functions as an intensive skills-oriented module that focuses on the practical interaction between the selected participants. Over the span of 5 days and with the help of professional trainers with a background in public diplomacy, the participants will expand the knowledge they acquired through the online course.
In addition, a cultural tour will be arranged, as well as an experts’ roundtable discussion will be organised.
- No registration or participation fee. The organisers will cover all training fees.
- Open to early/mid-career diplomats in departments dealing with Asia, Europe, or ASEM in the Ministries of Foreign Affairs or equivalent of the ASEM Partners;
- Early/mid-career diplomats posted by ASEM Partners to ASEM countries who are dealing with public diplomacy;
- Possess an MA degree, or equivalent, or BA degree with at least 3 years of diplomatic working experience;
- Currently working in the Asia-Europe context;
- High proficiency in English;
- Interest in public diplomacy, public affairs or communications.
- Submissions of nominations by ASEM Ministries of Foreign Affairs should be sent to ASEF’s project coordinator, Mr Simon PIOLDI, at [email protected]; and copy [email protected], stating the name, designation and e-mail address of the candidate.
- Candidates are required to submit a CV and a motivation letter, detailing the applicant’s interest and desire to take part in the Training. Kindly take note that motivation plays an important role in selecting the participants.
- Selected participants will later be asked to fill out an online registration form.
For more information, visit ASEF Public Diplomacy Training.