BendFilm BIPOC Women Film Production Grant 2022 ($10,000 grant)
Deadline: September 1, 2022
Applications are open for the BendFilm BIPOC Women Film Production Grant 2022. BendFilm’s Underrepresented Voices Grants will support a woman BIPOC artist with $10,000 toward making their short or feature film. The grant supports storytellers who are working to tell creative and complex stories told from a point of view that is unique and authentic.
Underrepresented filmmakers are less likely to have the funding support to produce their first films to jumpstart their careers. This grant breaks down the economic barrier to democratize the art form which in turn will:
- Support the career of an underrepresented artist.
- Increase the production of films that accurately portray underrepresented communities.
- Lead audiences to a better understanding of themselves (if underrepresented) or to the life experience of someone unlike themselves.
- The panel will decide the winner of the $10,000 production grant and may provide mentorship during the filmmaking process at panelists discretion and interest.
- The director of the film must identify as a woman and person of color;
- Preferred candidates will produce their film in Oregon, but that is not a mandatory requirement;
- The funded film must be made in accordance with the treatment that will be provided in the official RFP;
- The film must be completed on deadline;
- The project must credit Braemar Charitable Trust, the Oregon Film Office, and BendFilm as Associate Producers;
- The film must be available to World Premiere during BendFilm’s 20th Annual Festival in October 2023.
A team made up of BendFilm staff, Board Members and two (2) local filmmakers will evaluate initial applications for artistic merit and ensure all minimum requirements are met. Due to the volume of applications they are not able to provide specific feedback on projects that are not selected.
For more information, visit BendFilm Grant.