Apply to join the Global Center on Adaptation Youth Advisory Panel 2023
Deadline: October 2, 2022
Applications are open for the Global Center on Adaptation Youth Advisory Panel 2023. The Youth Advisory Panel will provide strategic advice to the CEO of Global Center on Adaptation (GCA) on youth engagement to drive the adaptation agenda.
Additionally, the Panel will contribute to the mission of GCA’s Youth Leadership Programme, which is to mobilize the next generation of adaptation leaders around the world, empowering young people to make the case for adaptation on the global stage and make their communities more climate resilient through action areas like the Youth Adaptation Network, Youth Advisory Panel, Capacity-building and Adaptation Education, and Training for Young Women Leadership on Adaptation. The Youth Leadership Programme also promotes sustainable job creation and entrepreneurship for young people by strengthening entrepreneurial skills development through the YouthADAPT Solutions Challenge.
The 2023 Youth Advisory Panel shall constitute a fourteen (14) member gender-balanced group from Latin America and Caribbean, Asia, Africa, North America, Europe, Middle East and North Africa, and Oceania.
- Provide strategic advice to the CEO of GCA through quarterly meetings
- Provide advice to GCA Programme Leads to accelerate adaptation action
- Provide advice to the GCA Youth Leadership Programme activities
- Strengthen the Youth Adaptation Network (YAN)
- Foster youth participation in the adaptation agenda
- Open to young people aged between 18 and 35 years old;
- Good knowledge and understanding of the local and regional issues that are relevant to young people on climate adaptation;
- Proven experience on youth leadership on climate adaptation at the regional level;
- Capacity to commit to the Youth Advisory Panel for the required duration;
- Ability to consider a broad range of views that reflect the diversity of youth and the urgency around climate adaptation;
- Engagement with existing regional or international networks and organizations is preferred;
- Capacity to commit 4 hours per week to the Youth Advisory Panel;
- Prior engagement with GCA’s Youth Leadership activities is preferred.
Period and Meetings
- Members of the Youth Advisory Panel 2023 will serve voluntarily for a one-year period, from December 2022 until December 2023.
- Attend bi-monthly meetings with the GCA Youth Leadership Programme.
- Quarterly advisory meeting with the CEO of the GCA.
Applications to the Youth Advisory Panel 2023 are open until 23:59 CEST on October 2, 2022.
For more information, visit Global Center on Adaptation.