New Media Writing Prize 2022
Deadline: November 25, 2022
Applications are invited for the New Media Writing Prize 2022. The New Media Writing Prize (NMWP) showcases exciting and inventive stories and poetry that integrate a variety of formats, platforms, and digital media.
This international event is now in its 13th year. The NMWP encourages and promotes the best in new-media writing and is leading the way toward the future of the ‘written’ word and interactive storytelling. The NMWP has attracted entries from the very best and most innovative writers in the field, from all around the world.
- The Chris Meade Memorial UK New Media Writing Prize: £1000 donated by if:book UK/Chris Meade
- The Opening Up Award: £500
- The Digital Journalism Award: £500 and a year’s FIPP membership
- The Student Award: TBD
- Anyone can apply! Whether you’re a student, a professional, an artist, a writer, a developer, a designer or an enthusiast, the competition is open to all. It’s also an international competition, open to all outside the UK.
- Entries do need to be in English.
Each entry should contain the following information within the text of the online form:
- Title of the work;
- Entrant’s contact details: name, email address, telephone number and postal address. For joint entries, all entrants’ contact details must be provided with identification of the main entrant for contact purposes;
- Access details, eg. URL. If an app, they will need 6 free access codes for the judges. If they cannot access the work, they will not judge it.
- Entrant’s short autobiography (50-100 words). For joint entries, all entrants must provide their autobiographies.
- Student entrants must provide a proof of identity which should be copied into the entry form, in the short biography section, e.g. a scan copy of entrant’s Student Union ID card or university enrolment number, which will be authenticated at the organiser’s discretion.
- No attachments will be accepted.
The deadline for submission is Friday, November 25, 2022, 12 noon UK time, except for the Writing Magazine Student Award that is to be submitted by Friday, December 20, 2022 by 12 noon UK time. Late entries will not be considered.
For more information, visit NMWP.