Deadline: December 8, 2022
The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung, Uganda office, invites politically interested and active young people to apply for the 2023 in-take of the Young Leaders Forum (YLF).
The YLF is an initiative of the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) whose aim is to contribute to the development of the political, social, economic knowledge and skills of young women and men and to motivate them to advocate for social justice and good governance in Uganda.
The programme comprises of eight mostly policy- or issue-based modules, each lasting two days which will take place between February and October 2023. The training sessions consisting of lectures, workshops and participatory interactions will be conducted by external experts.
- The training is fully funded by FES. After the successful participation in the programme, participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
- Applicants must have Ugandan citizenship or proof of residency for non-citizens.
- Aged between 18 and 30 years.
- Have a minimum of “A” level education.
- Have proven commitment to public affairs, community involvement or advocacy.
Each application must be accompanied by:
- An updated and complete CV with three referees.
- Copies of “A” level certificate and any other academic transcripts if applicable.
- A letter of motivation for participation and future plans relating to the programme (you should clearly state your expectations towards the programme and how you would use your acquired knowledge & skills to make an impact in society).
Online applications should be sent to [email protected] (attached as one PDF document)
Applications in envelopes marked “FES – YLF intake X” should be sent to:
Plot 5B, John Babiiha Avenue, Kololo
P O Box 3860, Kampala, Uganda
Tel +256-393-264565/ +256-757-345535
For more information, visit Young Leaders Forum.