IBM “The World is Our Lab” Photo Competition for Africans
Deadline: January 31, 2014
Entries are now accepted from African Photographers for the 2014 IBM “The World is Our Lab” Photo Competition. To recognize the talent and ideas of people across Africa, IBM has teamed with iHub, A24Media and independent photographer Mutua Matheka to organise “The World is Our Lab” photo competition. Aimed at photographers of all abilities, the contest aims to capture Africa through its numerous challenges and opportunities through your lenses.
Whether you use a camera phone or professional camera, capture and render original images that best define one or more of the following three categories:
- African Grand Challenges
- African City Systems
- African Innovation
The winners of each category will receive a Lenovo T440 laptop with photo editing software and an all-expense-paid trip to Nairobi, Kenya (from any African capital city) where they will visit IBM’s new Africa research lab, receive a personal tour of iHub’s amazing Innovation Hub and benefit from a photography workshop with one of Africa’s most exciting young photographers Mutua Matheka . In the event that a resident of Kenya is a top entry then they will receive a 3-day trip for two people to the beautiful Hemingways Hotel Watamu instead of the trip to Nairobi.
- There is no limit to the number of times a participant may enter the competition.
- Photographs can only be considered if submitted in 330 DPI resolution or above.
- By participating in the competition, participants grant IBM the right to print, copy, display and distribute their entries.
- Participants must have the ownership rights to the entries they submit and warrant by submission that they hold these rights.
- While the competition is open to IBM employees and contractors, they will not be eligible for prizes.
- To be eligible for prizes, participants must reside in Africa, have a valid passport and be available to travel to Nairobi, Kenya for 8 days before February 28th 2014.
For more information, click here.