2014 Social Entrepreneurs Initiative for West Africa Regional Competition
Deadline: March 10, 2014
The Social Entrepreneurs Initiative invites young people aged 18 to 35 from West Africa to take part in an exciting Regional Competition on ‘Promoting Integrity in the Education Sector. Participants should submit proposals for projects that offer an innovative approach to promoting integrity in the education sector and address some of the challenges highlighted in TI’s 2013 Global Corruption Report: Education. The competition provides a platform for young entrepreneurs who aspire to create positive change in their communities.
- Awards – a total of three, each worth $3000 cash
- The winners will be sponsored to participate in the International Anti-Corruption Conference to be held in Tunisia in October 2014
- The individuals behind the winning projects will join the SEI network, with each of the projects featured on the IACC SEI page
- Participants between the ages of 18 and 35 can apply.
- Participants based in West Africa and from one of the following countries are eligible: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and Togo.
- The proposed projects must have direct impact in at least one of these countries.
- Projects should reflect the themes of the Global Corruption Report: Education, and support activities that empower young people to develop change-maker skills such as entrepreneurship, teamwork, and leadership.
- Applications must be in English, French or Portuguese.
Entries will be evaluated and nominated based on the following criteria among other factors:
- Relevance of the project theme or focus (integrity/anticorruption in the education sector)
- Entrepreneurial vision
Fore more information click here