Deadline: July 1, 2014
The University of Warwick seeks international PhD students to apply for its fully funded PhD studentship in Data Science. They are seeking to recruit a creative and highly motivated prospective PhD student who is fascinated by the relationship between information flow on the internet and real world behaviour, to work with Tobias Preis and Suzy Moat.
- Stipend worth £13,726 per year
- Tuition fees at Home/EU rate covered. Please note that international/Overseas students will be required to find to cover the difference between Home/EU fees
- The studentship is open to home/EU and international/overseas students.
- A minimum of an upper second class honours degree from a British university, or an equivalent from an overseas university; plus a relevant masters degree ideally with a distinction in the dissertation.
- You’ll need to show us you have not only the intellectual capabilities, but also the stamina, drive and commitment necessary to complete a ground-breaking piece of work through independent study
- Ideally, you will also have some experience with either statistics or machine learning
- You will also have a range of technical skills to support you in this endevour, and will be able to demostrate these skills through success in related past projects.
- Contact the most appropriate prospective supervisor(s) to discuss your proposed research
- Submit your application online, mentioning your proposed supervisor, and uploading your research proposal
- A curriculum vitae
- A covering letter explaining your interest in, and aptitude for, this research project, in particular why you are attracted to this opportunity
- What qualities you feel you can bring to the project – including details of your programming skills, any knowledge of statistic or machine learning and description of previous successful projects you have completed
- How the studentship fits with your career aspirations
- A 2,000 word research proposal based on the topic of the research project
For more information, visit University of Warwick International Scholarship for PhD Students.