Apply now for the 2014 West Africa Civil Society Leadership Institute
Deadline: August 30, 2014
The West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) with support from the Ford Foundation invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for its maiden edition of the Civil Society Leadership Institute (CSLI) for West Africans. This programme is designed in response to the need to consciously and consistently groom the next generation of civil society leaders in the region. It will take place from October 13 – 24, 2014.
This two-week programme seeks to enhance the organisational leadership capacities of middle management West African civil society practitioners. The overall goal is to provide capable leaders for the civil society sector for the next ten to thirty years and foster lasting social change through strategic partnerships with key development stakeholders.
WACSI and Ford Foundation anticipates that a critical mass of civil society practitioners in West Africa will emerge from the CSLI who will be committed to:
- Engage effectively in key development issues and with stakeholders;
- Enhance civil society’s influence in policy development and institutionalisation of an effective and influential sector across West Africa; and
- Sustain the gains made over the past three decades in the development and institutionalisation of an effective and influential third sector across West Africa.
Applicants must meet the following criteria;
- Be at the middle management (or a level lower than the executive director position)
- Be nationals from and/or working in The Gambia, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Nigeria and Liberia.
- Must have a minimum of two years of work experience in their current organisation.
- Must have demonstrated leadership or critical problem-solving skills in their current or previous job.
- Must be willing to return to their current organisations and stay for at least one year.
- Must have an excellent understanding of the English language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit the following documents to [email protected]
- Detailed curriculum vitae.
- Filled and signed application form submitted in word or pdf. format.
- A letter of motivation stating why you should be considered for this programme and how it will add value to your current role and prepare you for the next level. Applicants should indicate how the skills gained would enhance their leadership skills. This must be written in not more than 500 words.
- A letter of endorsement from the head of your current organisation stating how your participation in this programme would benefit the organisation.
To apply, click here.
For more information, visit West African Civil Society Institute.