DO School Education for Impact Fellowship for Social Entrepreneurs 2015 – Hamburg
Deadline: November 27, 2014
The DO School welcomes applications from emerging social entrepreneurs worldwide for the One-Year Program with the Packaging Challenge. The DO School provides an innovative learning framework which aims to create real impact through our Fellows. The one-year DO School program is designed to train, mentor, and empower outstanding emerging social entrepreneurs to kickstart their own social ventures in their home countries.
The DO School program brings together experienced leaders with the next generation of impact entrepreneurs and enables them to exchange knowledge and experience in a hands-on, effective and fun way. It program takes place in two phases, the ten-week Incubation Phase on campus and the ten-month Implementation Phase in the Fellows’ home countries.
- The Incubation Phase: During this phase, fellows take part in three courses: Venture Lab, Challenge Lab and Media Lab. In this phase the Fellows complete the Challenge and plan their individual social ventures. By the end of the ten weeks Fellows have created a concrete service, product or campaign as an answer to the group Challenge and thereby learned hands-on how to turn an idea into action. In addition, they have turned their venture idea into a viable business plan that is ready for implementation.
- The Implementation Phase – the second phase of the DO School program – focuses on the venture implementation in Fellows’ home countries. During this ten months phase, each Fellow works on starting up their venture supported by the Venture Lab, which is delivered online through the DO School Cloud. This is when Fellows start to create real social change in their communities.
The one-year DO School program is open to highly motivated and talented emerging social entrepreneurs who;
- Are between the ages of 21 and 31
- Have demonstrated motivation and previous achievements in planning and initiating innovative social change.
- Are eager to engage with other emerging social entrepreneurs from different cultures, to learn hands-on, and to work together with experienced experts from the respective project field.
- Demonstrate determination, good ideas, and the willingness to use our program to start up new or grow existing ventures.
- Looking for the tools, skills, and mentoring to kick-start their start-up social enterprises
- Are talented young adults from any socioeconomic or educational background
- Can be university students, graduates or without higher education
- Have an idea for a social enterprise that they want to start and work on during the Fellowship, be it a non-profit, social business, artistic initiative, or campaign
- Have a good working knowledge of the language.
Cost and Financial Aid
The DO School fellowship is a highly subsidized program, which means participants pay only a small portion of the actual costs as their tuition fee. For One-Year Programs in Hamburg the tuition fee is 1,000 € excluding travel and living expenses throughout the Incubation Phase in Hamburg. This only applies to Fellows who can afford to pay the full tuition and their own costs, for everyone else there is financial aid available.
Financial aid is available to cover all or part of their tuition fee, travel costs to and from the DO School campus and for their living and accommodation costs during the Incubation Phase of the One-Year Program. You can apply by filling out the additional financial aid form during the application process. If you are accepted onto the program a financial aid offer will be made based on your individual financial circumstances.
For more information, visit DO School Education for Impact Fellowship.