Meet the Young Leaders selected for Global Youth Advocacy Workshop on GCED – Busan, Korea
The United Nations Global Education First Initiative (GEFI) has selected 48 inspiring youth activists and leaders from across the world on the basis of their current engagement and future commitment in educating youth at the local and national levels around GCED. The youth leaders are attending the Global Youth Advocacy Workshop on Global Citizenship Education (GCED) taking place from the 30th March to 4th April 2015, at the Geumjeong Cultural Center in Busan, Republic of Korea.
Organized in partnership with the Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (APCEIU) and the Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development (MGIEP), the workshop aims to build the capacity of dynamic young leaders from across the world to advocate for GCED. Participants will identify specific topics around GCED and advocacy, reflecting on the global challenges around post-2015.
Working both individually and in groups, the young leaders will expand on these topics, devising advocacy goals and strategies for use at local and national levels. Participants will also engage in information sessions and workshops at the training to support them in this task, on areas such as ‘Advocacy tools to build strategies’, and ‘Bottom-up planning for advocacy campaigns’.
Congratulations to all the selected youth leaders and to Opportunity Desk Founder, Grace Ihejiamaizu.
- John Gbenagnon from Benin
- Muhani KIBANDJA from D.R. Congo
- Enoch Opare MINTAH from Ghana
- Claire OKATCH from Kenya
- Beyan Flomo PEWEE from Liberia
- Lova ANDRIAMASINORO from Madagascar
- Victoria IBIWOYE from Nigeria
- Grace IHEJIAMAIZU from Nigeria
- Ijeoma P. IDIKA-CHIMA from Nigeria.
- Esther Christine MCFARLANE from South Africa
- Sibusiso TSHABALALA from South Africa
- Moses MACHIPISA from Zimbabwe
- Manal HARROUCHE from Algeria
- Hind TOUISSATE from Morocco
- Bshr DAYANI from Syria
- Sirine REKHIS from Tunisia
- Ahmed SAEED from Yemen
- Hayley MCQUIRE from Australia.
- Anika SHAHJABIN from Bangladesh
- Yuxuan Chen from China.
- Varun JHAVERI from India
- Tanvi GIROTRA from India
- I Wayan Alit SUDARSANA from Indonesia
- Evi BAITUROHMAH from Indonesia
- Woosung Jung from Republic of Korea
- Anish SAPKOTA from Nepal
- Nalini SINGH from New Zealand
- Hussain HAIDER from Pakistan
- Rolando Jr. VILLAMERO from Philippines
- Jieun WOO from Republic of Korea
- Jiwon YOON from Republic of Korea
- Dong-ryul KANG from Republic of Korea
- Ruri LEE from Republic of Korea
- Yujeong NOH from Republic of Korea
- Woosung JUNG from Republic of Korea
- Omer Faruk BAYSAL from Turkey
- Indra GANZORIG from Mongolia
- Chuong Xa from Vietnam
Europe and North America
- Griet VANDEBURIE from Belgium
- Cheryl PERERA from Canada
- Natascha SKJALDGAARD from Denmark
- Anna SUSARENCO from Moldova
- Alexandra SJOLIN FALK from Sweden
- Jamira BURLEY from USA
Caribbean and Latin America
- Patricio Guillermo from Argentina
- Paula Melisa TRAD from Argentina
- Pablo ALPIRE from Bolivia
- Santiago MARTINEZ from Colombia
- Lorena GAMARRA from Peru
The Youth Advocacy Training is supported by Educate A Child and Geumjeong District of Busan City, Republic of Korea.