2015 International HLR Scholarships For Female Students
Deadline: May 31, 2015
J. W. Thompson invites all female advertising students to apply for its international Helen Lansdowne Resor (HLR) Scholarship. This Scholarship will assist and promote talented female creative advertising students from around the world in honor of J. Walter Thompson’s and the industry’s first female copywriter, Helen Lansdowne Resor.
J. Walter Thompson Worldwide, the world’s best-known marketing communications brand, has been creating pioneering solutions that build enduring brands and business for more than 150 years. Headquartered in New York, J. Walter Thompson is a true global network with more than 200 offices in over 90 countries, employing nearly 10,000 marketing professionals.
- The HLR Scholarship will award five individual $10,000 annual scholarships for a five-year program.
- HLR Scholarship recipients will receive a paid summer internship between their junior and senior year at a J. Walter Thompson office in their respective region, a J. Walter Thompson mentor and a “first look” placement consideration upon graduation.
- Be female applicants worldwide.
- Be registered as a student at one of the designated HLR participating undergraduate and/or portfolio schools. See list of HLR participating schools here; but note that you can also apply if you are enrolled in a school that is not on this list.
- Show creative talent and promise.
- Maintain satisfactory academic and creative progress. If the scholarship recipient leaves the school by transferring or not completing the program, the scholarship will be revoked.
How to Apply
- Download and complete Application form and e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.You can download application in either English, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish or Portuguese here.
- Please attach completed application form and all other required documents to your submission email.
- Ensure that all required creative samples are accessible via a link (Google Drive, Dropbox, portfolio website, etc.). Include this link in your submission email.
- Include your name and school in the subject line of your submission email.
- Application includes:
- Personal statement sharing why you should be granted the scholarship (limited to one page).
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member.
- 10-15 creative samples (recommended, less than 7 MB).
For more information visit J. Walter Thompson or e-mail email@example.com