Nominate International Youth Ambassadors For The British Youth Council
Deadline: July 15, 3015
British Youth Council (BYC) invites nominations for the International Youth Ambassador positions. BYC is seeking one new European Representative and one Commonwealth representative to join the UK Young Ambassadors (UKYA) Team. UKYA is a program to give young people from the UK voice and influence in international decision-making. The program is supported by the British Youth Council.
Any young person aged 18 to 24 on the 1 November 2015 is able stand to be an International representative.
To ensure gender balanced delegations to Europe and the Commonwealth, and because last year the call was for male candidates, we are SEEKING ONLY FEMALE CANDIDATES THIS YEAR *.
- Travel Internationally.
- Attend the European Youth Forum.
- Able to commit to an average of 2 hours per week. The workload will vary and weekend and evening work will be necessary from time to time.
- Able to attend the European Youth Forum meeting on 21 – 23 November or the Commonwealth Youth Forum on 21 – 27 November (depending on which position you are standing for).
- Commitment to youth participation and the values of BYC
- Experience of either representation, campaigning or policy work (not necessarily internationally)
- Able to obtain a passport and travel internationally. (BYC will cover the costs of a passport if necessary)
- Able to travel independently within the UK and overseas. • Resident in the UK for the duration of the term.
- Not holding another officially elected BYC (or other organisation) position, e.g. PG group, Trustee, etc
- Willing to sign up to the BYC code of conduct.
- Willing to give consent for images and video to be used and shared.
- Willing to carry out a Vetting and Barring check It would also help if you had these attributes.
- Knowledge of the working of the European Union/Commonwealth.
- Experience of policy discussions and negotiation
- Experience of international or intercultural work
Roles of Youth Ambassadors
- Inform and influence international decision-making on BYC campaigns and issues of interest and concern to young people in the UK
- Represent UK young people at the European Youth Form/ Commonwealth Youth Forum and other international forums and events
- Carry out research and consultation with young people across the UK
- Raise awareness of international campaigns, policies and actions in the UK
- Make connections between international and national policy and campaigns, including directly to UK decision-makers
- Help engage young people in the UK in international campaigns, projects and activities
- Be accountable to BYC members and young people in the UK, through regular communications and reporting
- Be part of the UK Young Ambassadors team
- Support our campaign for better international youth participation
- Promote the positive work of UKYA
- Attend and participate in BYC Conventions and events
- Support more young people to get involved in UKYA, as researchers, advocates, campaigners, bloggers, etc. in their areas to take part too
- Participate in BYC and UKYA meetings
- Communicate to the media as appropriate and under BYC media guidelines
- Represent the interests of young people in the UK, and not any other interests, including that of a political party.
Complete and submit the nominations here.
For more information visit UK Young Ambassadors.