Become an Editorial Fellow For Ayiba Magazine
Are you an undergraduate or graduate student with a passion for great reporting and writing? Ayiba needs you! Ayiba Magazine is a fast-growing online publication focused on breaking down perpetuating stereotypes of Africa by telling stories that exemplify the complexity of African identity. Fellows will work remotely with an international team stretching across three continents. Each fellow is expected to work approximately 8 – 10 hours per week with a flexible schedule created in consultation with Ayiba’s editorial staff.
- must be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree.
- should be enthusiastic, highly organized, self-motivated and be interested in our mission of chronicling the African renaissance.
- must have a passion for great reporting and writing!
- Ability to network with young African leaders
- Opportunity to attend/cover events for Ayiba
- Hands-on experience with a top-notch team
- Freedom to lead projects, test strategies, and implement your ideas
- Recommendation and references upon completion
- Please note that this is an unpaid fellowship.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should mail Akinyi Ochieng, email@example.com, with your resume and a one – two page writing sample (topics related to Africa are strongly preferred). If you keep a personal blog, please add the link to your blog in your e-mail.
For more information, visit Ayiba Magazine Fellowship