Apply for the Residential School 2016 – Marrakech, Morocco
Deadline: December 15, 2015
The Mo Ibrahim Foundation in association with SOAS and the Centre of African Studies -University of London is organising a Residential School from March 21 – 22, 2016 in Marrakech, Morocco on the topic of ‘Governance and Development in Africa’. This initiative aims to contribute to and stimulate debate on governance, development, and the relationship between them.
The residential school is for 20 participants who are policy makers, academics, researchers or civil society representatives from any African country who will gain, through this training, new ideas and knowledge on the broad issue of governance and development.
All costs, including economy flights, visa costs, accommodation and meals, will be covered for successful applicants. No per diem.
- Open to policy makers, academics, researchers or civil society representatives from any African country.
- Applicants should have at least a MSc degree in areas related to Governance or 5 years professional experiences in fields relevant to the theme of Governance and Development in Africa.
- The official language of the School is English. Applicants should have good knowledge of spoken and written English.
Applications should include:
- 2 page max CV (including email address for correspondence);
- One reference letter (can be emailed directly by referee to email@example.com);
- Proposal of max 1000 words outlining research interest and/or professional background and how the applicant will benefit from attending the Residential School.
Send electronically to:
Centre of African Studies
SOAS -University of London
Thornaugh Street, Russell Square
London WC1H 0XG
Tel.: +44 (0) 207 898 4370