Deadline: Varies by Region
The World Youth Alliance (WYA) is offering certified training program in Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and North America. The WYA’s Certified Training Program, also known as Track A, is the collection of texts that provide the philosophical underpinnings for the mission of WYA. It presents a summary of philosophical, historical, and modern day texts that focus on the dignity of the person and human rights.
Those who complete Track A are equipped to articulate and defend the principles of the dignity of the person within the public square. The program is free and is open to all members of the World Youth Alliance. It is a pre-requisite for participation in many of the programs of WYA including internships, specialized conferences and advocacy work.
Training Program Details
- Foundational History
- Human Dignity
- History of Ideas
- International Law and Human Rights
In order to obtain certification, members must read all of the Track A articles and satisfactorily answer the questions for each chapter. Training can be done through the regional internship program or online, where readings are accessed and answers are submitted through a web-based training zone and reviewed by the Director of Operations for the member’s region. Once all answers have been submitted and approved, the newly trained member will be invited to an accreditation interview with the regional staff, which may be conducted face-to-face, or via Skype.
Upon successful completion of the accreditation interview, the member will be issued a certificate recognizing their accomplishment and officially designating them as a “Track A Certified Member.”
Completing the Track A training and obtaining certification will:
- Equip you to communicate articulately and persuasively on behalf of the dignity of the human person
- Provide you with a vocabulary to engage the international community and larger culture on issues relating to the dignity of the person, human rights, and integral development
- Make you eligible to speak on behalf of WYA and participate fully in WYA activities. Some of these opportunities include:
- Apply for an international internship,
- Start a WYA chapter or club,
- Start and lead a Track A training group in your local area,
- Participate in the annual International Solidarity Forum
- Represent WYA in local and international events
- Open to everyone
For more information, visit WYA Certified Training Program.