Commonwealth Scholarship 2016 to Study at NUS Graduate School in Singapore
Deadline: May 15, 2016
Applications are now invited from eligible students for the 2016 Commonwealth Scholarship to study at the NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering in Singapore. The Commonwealth Scholarship is awarded to talented students with an aptitude for innovative, high calibre PhD research.
- Monthly stipend, up to 4 years of the PhD studies, OR up to date of graduation, whichever is earlier, of
- S$ 3,500 for Singapore Citizens, plus Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions at a rate pegged to the prevailing employer’s contribution rate set by CPF
- S$ 3,200 for Singapore Permanent Residents and international students
- Full tuition fee subsidy for 4 years.
- Other allowances including
- computer allowance
- book allowance
- conference allowance.
- Student must commit to PhD from the outset, cannot exit with MSc.
- All students from any Commonwealth countries and meet the NGS requirements are eligible to apply.
- Graduates with a passion for cross-disciplinary research in science, engineering, computing, and related aspects of medicine.
- Graduates with at least 2nd Upper Honours, or equivalent qualifications.
- GRE is compulsory for all except for applicants from NUS or NTU. Note that GATE is NOT acceptable.
- TOEFL is compulsory (ONLY applicable for applicants whose native tongue or medium of undergraduate instruction is not in English).
- Students are not eligible for the President’s Graduate Fellowship (PGF).
- Award is renewable, subject to satisfactory academic performance of CAP ≥ 3.8 at the end of every semester.
- Complete the online application to apply.
- Read the instructions and application procedures.
- All supporting documents, together with a printed copy of the application form are to be submitted by post to:
NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences & Engineering (NGS)
Centre For Life Sciences (CeLS)
28 Medical Drive, #05-01
Republic of Singapore
For more information, visit Commonwealth Scholarship at NUS.