Partial Merit Study-Abroad Scholarship Award For Nigerian Students
Deadline: November 1, 2016
The Lagos State Scholarship Board is offering Partial Merit Scholarships to students of Nigerian origin resident in Lagos to study in foreign universities. Study abroad opportunities will take place at the following collaborating university institutions.
- Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in India, Ukraine, Republic of South Africa, and China.
- Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in India, Republic of South Africa and Ukraine.
Field of Study
- Undergraduate: Medicine, Dentistry, Pediatrics, D Pharmacy, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, All spheres of Engineering, Geology, Architecture and Built Design, Information Technology, Avionics, Aerospace Engineering and Aircraft Maintenance, Film and Animation, Agriculture, Social Sciences, Law, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Computer Applications and Software Development, Business Administration with CIMA or ACCA Syllabus, Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery, Nursing, Journalism and Mass Communication, Economics and Railway Transportation
- Postgraduate: Masters degree, Ph.D. and Medical Residencies available in all Fields.
- All applicants must have passed in one (1) sitting The Secondary School Certificate WAEC or NECO with a minimum of 5 passes of Grades Distinction –Credit (A-C) in relevant subjects to their choice of Course for Study.
- English Language and Mathematics with minimum Credit (C) pass is compulsory for all applicants.
- Minimum Age for all applicants is 16 years; Maximum age shall be 24 years.
- Applicants with A’ level qualifications, Ordinary National Diploma (OND) or Higher National Diploma above 24 years but below 28 years may be considered.
- Applicants with Higher National Diploma (HND) with pass of Distinction in all Subjects may be given placement with an Exemption from First Year. Maximum age for this catergory of applicants shall be 30 years.
- Applicants with a First degree a minimum qualification of a Second class upper (2.1) division in Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Biochemistry or Microbiology may apply for Medicine (MBBS) with exemption from years 1 and 2.
- All applicants must have undergone undergraduate studies with a minimum qualification of a Second class upper (2.1) division.
- Maximum Age for all Masters students is 35 years and for PhD applicants 40 years.
- All PhD applicants must have undergone a Masters Degree program in the relevant area she/he intends to pursue a PhD.
- All PhD applicants must submit with the required documents a Proposal for their intended area/topic of research.
How to Apply
- Interested Qualified applicants are to send Certified True copies of the following Documents by e-mail to [email protected], all shortlisted candidates shall be advised by email their interview dates and venue.
- Successful applicants shall be required to come with all original copies of their documents for physical on the sport verification on the day of their Interview.
- Shortlisted Applicants will receive their Placement Offer letters 5 working days after undergoing Interview with further instructions at Laurels Associates office, 3, Bunmi Joseph close, Gbagada, Lagos.
- Required Documents for ALL applicants
- International Passport Bio-data Page
- WAEC/NECO results with Scratch card for verification purpose
- Testimonial from Secondary School attended duly signed, stamped and dated
- Birth Certificate from National Population Commission (NPC) only.
- State of Origin Certificate duly signed, stamped and dated
- Academic Transcripts and Research Thesis are required from ALL Masters’ students and a Copy of Proposed Area of Research for ALL PhD applicants.
- 2 recent Passport size photography of the applicant
- NYSC discharge Certificate for all Postgraduate applicants
For further inquiries please call 08092535244 or email [email protected]
For more information, visit Lagos State Scholarship Board.