Apply to the 2nd Cohort of Youth Champions Initiative (Fully Funded to the USA)
Deadline: January 15, 2017
The David and Lucile Packard Foundation and the Public Health Institute have partnered to launch a second cohort of the Youth Champions Initiative – an exciting initiative to advance innovation and quality in the field of sexual and reproductive health and rights globally. The Youth Champions Initiative (YCI) invests in visionary young champions who lead the sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) movement now and for the next generation. Following a competitive selection process, YCI will select 18 visionary young people working in Packard Foundation priority geographies.
- YCI will cover all the costs related to program participation, including passport and visa application fees, round trips, food, and lodging during the incubator workshop in Los Altos, California, USA
- Open to young persons between the ages of 18-29;
- Residents of:
- India (Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, and New Delhi);
- Ethiopia (Oromiya and Addis Ababa);
- Pakistan (Karachi);
- USA (Louisiana and Mississippi);
- Personal dedication to improving sexual and reproductive health and rights;
- Commitment to social change and experience in one or more of the following areas: youth development, education, sexual and reproductive health and rights, innovation and/or related fields;
- Have the support of host organization and ability to participate in a workshop in Los Altos, California, USA in the Spring of 2017;
- Proficient in oral and written English.
For more information, visit Youth Champions Initiative.