Call for Applications: Youth Champions Initiative 2017
Deadline: January 15, 2017
The David and Lucile Packard Foundation and the Public Health Institute have partnered to launch a second cohort of the Youth Champions Initiative (YCI). YCI is an exciting initiative to advance innovation and quality in the field of sexual and reproductive health and rights globally. YCI invests in visionary young champions who lead the sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) movement now and for the next generation.
YCI has developed an innovative incubator-style model that integrates intensive capacity building, leadership development, mentoring, project funding, and technical assistance to enable the Youth Champions to launch creative new initiatives to improve SRHR in their countries.
Following a competitive selection process, YCI will select 18 visionary young people working in Packard Foundation priority geographies – India (Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, New Delhi), Ethiopia (Oromiya and Addis Ababa), Pakistan (Karachi), and the United States (Louisiana and Mississippi).
- Young persons between the ages of 18-29
- Residents of:
- Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, and New Delhi, India
- Oromiya and Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Karachi, Pakistan
- Louisiana and Mississippi, USA
- Personal dedication to improving sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Commitment to social change and experience in one or more of the following areas: youth development, education, sexual and reproductive health and rights, innovation and/or related fields
- Support of the applicant’s host organization and ability to participate in a workshop in Los Altos, California, USA in the Spring of 2017.
- Proficient in oral and written English
Applicants will be notified of selection results by March 1, 2017.
For more information, visit Youth Champions Initiative.