Writivism Creative Writing Mentoring Programme 2017
Deadline: January 31, 2017
Writivism Literary Initiative is pleased to announce the call for applications for the 2017 online Mentoring Programme. A project of the Centre for African Cultural Excellence, Writivism identifies, mentors, publishes and promotes emerging African writers resident in any country on the African continent.
Now, in its fifth year, the Writivism programme provides online mentoring to emerging writers of fiction and creative nonfiction. The emerging writer will work on their story under the mentor’s guidance. All stories produced during the mentoring will be automatically entered for the 2017 Writivism Short Story and Koffi Addo Prizes.
- Open to emerging writers in Africa. An emerging writer is defined as one who is yet to publish a book. The mentoring will involve the emerging writer sending their work to the mentor (a published or award winning African writer), who will provide feedback on how the work can be improved;
- Previous mentees can apply to participate in the programme so long as they have not yet published a book.
To apply for the mentorship, emerging writers should send the following application materials to [email protected]:
- A synopsis of the story you intend to work on, for the Writivism Short Story or Koffi Addo Non Fiction Prize;
- A writing sample from the above project, of 500 – 1000 words;
- A personal statement convincing of your suitability for the programme;
- A short bio, including your nationality and country of residence, of 50 – 100 words;
- All documents must be sent as attachments in Microsoft Word or PDF formats.
The email subject must read 2017 Writivism Mentoring Application. All applications must be received by January 31, 2017 midnight, East African time.
For more information, visit Writivism Mentoring 2017.