Chatham House Academy Africa Fellowship 2017
Deadline: May 31, 2017
Chatham House is pleased to invite applicants for the Academy Africa Fellowship in the Queen Elizabeth II Academy for Leadership in International Affairs. The Africa Fellowship supports one Academy fellow each year from Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Nigeria, Senegal or South Africa who spends ten months at Chatham House. The Africa Fellowship is a joint initiative between Chatham House and the Mo Ibrahim Foundation. The fellowship runs from mid-September 2017 to mid-July 2018. The fellow will be based full-time at Chatham House, London.
A fellow’s time will be split between three key areas:
- Completing a personal research project of the fellow’s own design undertaken with the guidance of a Chatham House expert, (approximately 50%);
- Contributing to the ongoing research activities of their host research team and other Chatham House teams as appropriate (approximately 20%);
- Participation in the Academy’s Leadership Programme (approximately 30%). The Leadership Programme is a key part of the Academy fellowships. It provides fellows with the opportunity to develop their knowledge, skills, network and self-awareness, which they can then draw upon in their future careers as effective leaders in their field.
- The fellow will receive a monthly stipend of £2,160;
- Modest provision is made for the costs of relocation, fieldwork, and possible publication costs.
- The fellowship is open to citizens of Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Nigeria, Senegal, or South Africa. Applications will be accepted from applicants holding dual nationality which includes one of these countries;
- It is required that the applicant holds a completed BA degree or equivalent, Masters degree with an international focus is preferred;
- The fellowship is aimed at candidates at the mid-stage of their career and who come from academia, NGOs, business, government departments, civil society or the media. They should possess knowledge of, and an interest in, one of the policy-related challenges laid out in the research topics in ‘Research Topics.’
- The recruitment round for 2017 is between April 3 and May 31, applications made outside of this period will not be considered. Apply using the online application portal.
Should you have any further queries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit Chatham House Academy Africa Fellowship.