AIMS-Canada Research Chairs in Climate Change Science 2018/2019 (Up to USD $970,000)
Deadline: November 25, 2018
Applications are open for the AIMS-Canada Research Chairs in Climate Change Science 2018/2019. The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) invites applications for three AIMS-Canada Research Chairs in Climate Change Science to be based at AIMS Rwanda.
The program seeks outstanding female African and non-African scientists whose research seeks to elucidate the scale and causes of climate change; predict climatic conditions, especially at small temporal and spatial scales; and develop and apply novel strategies for climate change adaptation and mitigation. Each chair will be tasked with executing a world-class research program able to contribute significantly towards building both the human capital and the scientific knowledge base required to solve important climate change-related problems in Africa and beyond.
- Each Chair will be provided up to USD 970,000 over a four-year period.
The applicant should:
- Be a female;
- Hold a doctorate degree in a quantitative discipline including, but not limited to, applied mathematics, climatology, physics, chemistry, computer science, statistical ecology, or engineering;
- Demonstrate significant evidence of excellent, self-initiated and self-directed research in climate change science;
- Have at least two (2) years of postdoctoral experience;
- Have experience supervising Master’s and/or PhD students; and
- The ability to take up the Chair by the end of 2018.
Complete the online application form to which the following documents should be attached:
- A completed research proposal form
- A curriculum vitae
- A letter of motivation
- An electronic copy of three representative publications in climate change science where the applicant is the lead and/or senior author
Three referees should email confidential letters of support directly to [email protected] with the subject line “MS4CR chair application support letter – first and last name of candidate” on or before the application deadline. You should share with your referees a copy of the ‘Terms of Reference for Chairs’ and the ‘Instructions for Referees’ document.
For more information, visit AIMS.