Photography4Humanity Global Prize 2019 ($5,000 USD cash award plus more)
Deadline: October 15, 2019
Entries are invited for the Photography4Humanity Global Prize 2019. The Photography 4 Humanity is an international initiative that calls on photographers around the world to bring to life the power of human rights through their images. Highlighting the most compelling imagery – illustrating courage, despair, hope, injustice, hate, compassion, human rights failures or victories in ways small and large – the images will serve to inspire people to personally get involved and to take a stand for human rights.
Your photos will have a direct, positive impact on human rights issues by inspiring and mobilizing viewers to take action. One image will be selected monthly for the Call to Action Spotlight page. Call to Action links will encourage and enable viewers to get directly involved in practical solutions via UN Human Rights and leading NGOs working in the field on relief efforts for those directly impacted by the crisis depicted. A picture may be worth a thousand words, but in this case, it will also inspire thousands of helping hands.
- Global Recognition: The Photography 4 Humanity Global Prize will be announced at the exhibition opening gala, attended by invited dignitaries, media, photography professionals and human rights champions. Along with a $5,000 USD cash award, the Global Prize will bring a large amount of industry recognition and prestige to the winning photographer. Select photos will be featured on the Photography 4 Humanity website throughout the year. This will garner large amounts of exposure for the photographer as well as highlight the human rights issues depicted in the images.
- Exhibition: In 2019, the Top 10 finalists’ photos will be exhibited at the United Nations General Assembly Gallery in New York City. An opening reception will be held for artists, UN dignitaries and media to announce the winner on December 10th — Human Rights Day.
- United Nations Gallery NYC: The winner of the Photography 4 Humanity Global Prize will be announced on UN Human Rights Day in conjunction with the opening reception for the Photography 4 Humanity Exhibition at the United Nations Headquarters. The winning photographer, who will be selected by an eminent jury of photo editors, journalists and human rights champions, will receive a $5,000 USD cash prize and will have their photo promoted in all relevant media worldwide.
- You must be at least 18 years of age or older to enter
- All photography must relate to human rights issues illustrating courage, despair, hope, injustice, hate, compassion, human rights failures or victories in ways small and large
- All images must be taken within three (3) years of entry date
- Image file extensions accepted: JPG, JPEG
- Accepted file size: 5MB – 20MB
- Color must be RGB or sRGB format
- All entrants may submit up to five (5) photographs
- A high resolution file will be required for finalists
- All rights to photography remain with the photographer
For more information, visit Photography4Humanity Global Prize.