British Council/Prince Claus Fund Mobility Grant 2019 for Artists
Deadline: On Rolling Basis
Application for the British Council/Prince Claus Fund Mobility Grant 2019 are open. The British Council and Prince Claus Fund for Culture and Development are issuing a Call for Proposals to support Mobility in and from Africa, specifically prioritising young artists and cultural practitioners from a range of African countries.
Through this joint collaboration, they wish to assist in the professional growth and networking possibilities of emerging practitioners from Africa.
Types of Travel that are Supported
- Attendance at a meeting, festival, conference for the first time to expand professional networks
- Attendance at capacity development training (e.g. workshops, talent development programmes)
- Participation in a local arts and culture scene followed by knowledge-sharing with local and/or international peers
- Setting up new (experimental) cross-border partnerships for upcoming projects, particularly those in the preparation or development phase.
- The grant amounts are determined based on general market rates depending on country of departure and destinations. The funding available is to be used for travel, visas, accommodation and general subsistence costs.
- Open to emerging artists and cultural practitioners (individuals or those representing independent cultural/artistic organisations)
- Priority is given to young artists between 18 and 35 years of age; Special attention is given to women artists and LGBTQI+ community related projects
- Applications focusing on contemporary artistic and cultural disciplines including cultural capacity building are encouraged
- Only applicants travelling from and holding passports of the following countries are eligible for funding: Botswana; Ethiopia; Ghana; Kenya; Malawi; Mauritius; Mozambique; Namibia; Nigeria; Rwanda; Senegal; Sierra Leone; South Africa; South Sudan; Sudan; Tanzania; Uganda; Zambia; Zimbabwe
- Destinations eligible are limited to all countries listed in the DAC list;
- If you are disabled or have a physical or mental health condition that makes it difficult for you to travel (on your own) please let the organizers know. In this case you may apply for an additional Access Grant. An Access Grant will contribute to the additional costs incurred as a result of your condition. Please ensure that you clearly state what your access needs are and include the additional costs in your budget requirement in section 3c of the application form. The size of the Access grant will be determined according to your requirements.
Applications must be received at least 8 weeks before the intended date of travel; applications sent in later can unfortunately not be considered.
For more information, visit British Council/Prince Claus Fund Mobility Grant.