Mohammed Bin Rashid Global Maker Challenge 2020 (up to USD 1,000,000 in prizes)
Deadline: January 31, 2020
Applications are open for the Mohammed Bin Rashid Initiative for Global Prosperity Sustainable Global Maker Challenge 2020. The Global Maker Challenge is an online open-innovation platform that offers an opportunity for ‘makers’ and innovators to connect and collaborate, wherever they are in the world, to solve real-world problems affecting people’s lives.
Leveraging manufacturing innovation to provide viable and deployable solutions for the world’s most pressing issues, it invites world-leading manufacturers and organisations to adopt challenges, provide mentorship, and help solve real-world problems.
The challenges for cohort 2 are
- Sustainable and Healthy Food for All – How can urban populations increase access to healthy and sustainable foods, despite rapid urbanization?
- Innovation for Inclusive Trade – How can rural communities increase their access to new supply chains and markets in order to create better livelihoods for themselves?
- Innovation for Peace and Justice – How can displaced populations access affordable and quality services that are essential to their safety and wellbeing?
- Climate Change – How can communities move towards a low-carbon circular economy by eliminating waste and utilizing existing resources?
- The Global Maker Challenge will award winners with prizes of value up to USD 1,000,000 in prizes.
- Open to all business model stages.
- It is open to any start-up, innovator or business that has a proof of concept and prototype for a viable, technically feasible and desirable solution that promises a strong impact on the identified challenge.
- Alignment: The solution addresses the challenge that has been set forth.
- Potential for Impact: The planned implementation of the solution has the potential to impact lives.
- Scalability: The solution can be grown and scaled to affect the lives of more people.
- Innovative Approach: This is a new technology, a new application of a technology, a new business model, or a new process for solving the challenge.
- Feasibility: It is feasible to implement the solution, and the team has a plan for the solution to sustain itself financially.
How to submit your solution
- Read the details on the challenges to see which challenge is most relevant for your solution.
- Create your profile
- Submit your solution using the online form – please ensure to fill all sections – you can submit in more than one category
- There are no costs involved in submitting your solutions
For more information, visit Sustainable and Healthy Food for All.