Training the Female Sport for All Leaders of Tomorrow Mentoring Programme 2020 for Young African and European Women
Deadline: March 31, 2020
Applications are open for the Training the Female Sport for All Leaders of Tomorrow Mentoring Programme 2020 for Young African and European Women. Training the Female Sport for All Leaders of Tomorrow is a mentorship and mobility programme – cofunded by the European Commission – which aims to empower young African and European women and equip them with knowledge, skills and experiences to lead the Sport for All Movement.
The programme will not only strengthen employability, but also enhance personal development through time spent in a foreign country. The project is led by TAFISA, African Union Sports Council Region 5, European Network Sport Education, Olympic Committee of Slovenia – Association of Sport Federations.
They are seeking 20 mentees (10 from selected countries in Africa and 10 from selected countries in Europe) who are dedicated, committed and passionate individuals who believe they have what it takes to lead the Global Sport for All Movement.
- This is a rare opportunity to learn from global experts in the Sport for All field and enhance professional and personal development through first-hand experiences, informal education, and visits to foreign countries. You will also meet like-minded people from different backgrounds.
- All costs associated with this programme (flights, accommodation, meals, visas, insurance, etc.) are covered by the project budget.
- Open to female aged between 18 to 30 years old.
- Proficient in a working level of English.
- Hold (as a minimum) high-school diploma.
- Undertaking studies or employment and able to provide a letter of support from your place of study and/or employment.
- 2 years’ experience as an employee or volunteer in Sport, or a relevant field relating to social development (e.g. health, education, gender, violence, social inclusion, etc.).
- Have interest and are motivated to work internationally.
- Are committed to the project’s 2-year lifespan, available to attend all three mobilities and are willing to sign a commitment agreement.
- Possess good communication, interpersonal and time and project management skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a small team.
- Proficient with Microsoft office and access to a computer and internet.
- Ability to travel internationally and hold a valid passport.
- No restrictions which would prevent successful application of a visa (e.g. no criminal record).
- Knowledge and understanding of the Sport for All Movement is an added advantage (however this is not compulsory).
- Must not have benefitted from a similar exchange programme in the last five years.
- Must be affiliated with a current ENSE Member.
In order to apply as a mentee for this project:
- Complete the application form
- Attach an updated CV
- Collect a letter of support from your place of employment/study
Send all of the above to and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit Training the Female Sport for All Leaders of Tomorrow.