Children’s Prize 2020 for Individuals and Organisations worldwide ($150,000 grant)
Deadline: June 28, 2020
Do you have an effective intervention that aims to save the lives of children under five? Apply now for the Children’s Prize 2020. Globally, 15,000 children under the age of five die every day. The Children’s Prize is an open online competition with a mission to advance child health and survival by insisting on impact and data-driven interventions.
The Children’s Prize is awarded to scientifically-minded individuals with a passion for global child health and a strong commitment to verify the impact of their work. Between 2013 and 2017, the Prize has awarded over $1,700,000 to such individuals and organizations across the globe.
- One winner will have the opportunity to enter into a $150,000 grant agreement.
- The Children’s Prize is available to anyone.
- Proposals will be accepted from non-profits (charities), for profits (companies), government programs, academic institutions, and individuals aged 18 years or older. However, the prize funds may only be used for charitable purposes, as specified in the contest goals.
Projects are evaluated on their:
- Ability to impact rates within a child mortality indicator (U5MR, IMR, NMR, etc.)
- Innovation and scalability of the intervention approach within global health
- Feasibility of the proposed lives-saved estimate
- Probability of success
- Ease of verification
- Inclusion of a process impact assessment
Application is basically a three-step process. The first step is to submit an entry form application detailing your project. This is reviewed and if your entry is selected for the next round, then an email invitation will be sent to you to complete a full Prize Plan application submission.
This is reviewed further and if your plan is selected for the next round, then a finalist email notification will be sent to you to participate in a required Question & Answer and Judging process.