Facebook Online Hackathon 2020 for Global Developers (Up to $21,000 in cash prizes)
Deadline: June 24, 2020
Submissions are now open for Facebook Online Hackathon, focused on growing communities and driving social impact! They’re calling on global developers to #BuildwithFacebook across Messenger, Spark AR, and Wit.ai, for the chance to win up to $21,000 in cash prizes and Oculus VR headsets. In addition, they’ll be sending some free swags to every eligible participating team!
Facebook believes that when innovators come together with passion and purpose, amazing things can happen. Building on the momentum of the first hackathon in their series, they’re excited to welcome global developers to continue learning, building and growing in our next online challenge.
Leveraging the power of messaging, augmented reality (AR) and artificial intelligence (AI), this time around, they invite you to create solutions that help build community and drive social impact.
Whether you bring to life an idea to connect friends and family using Messenger, an educational experience using Spark AR, or a natural language chatbot solution supporting businesses using Wit.ai, we’re excited to support you as you innovate for impact.
They’ll also be providing a free swag giveaway* to each team member from an eligible submission, as well as some amazing cash prizes and Oculus virtual reality headsets for the winning teams.
- Facebook Hackathon: AI – Build AI natural language interactions with Wit.ai – $7,000 in prizes
- Facebook Hackathons: AR – Augment your world with Spark AR – $7,000 in prizes
- Facebook Hackathon: Messaging – Build messaging solutions that empower conversation
- First Place
- $3,000 USD
- At least one 30-minute virtual meeting with a Facebook engineer
- Oculus Quest 64GB VR headset (ARV: $399 USD; 1 per individual, 4 max per Org or Team)
- Second Place: $2,500 USD
- Third Place: $1,500 USD
- Open only to individuals, organizations, and teams with prior internet access who at the time of entry and throughout the entire 2020 Facebook Online Hackathon Series have a Facebook and Devpost online account in good standing;
- Are not under any legal or contractual obligation that would prohibit their participation, are not domiciled in Quebec, Canada, the Crimea, Cuba, Sudan, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and is not otherwise a person or located in any other country under any trade or economic sanction or on any program or country list designated by the United States Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control, or where the laws of the United States or local law prohibits their participation or receipt a prize in any Contest.
- Individuals may enter any Contest on an Individual basis and/or by joining as part of one or more Team(s) or Organization(s). If acting as a Representative, then by entering that Individual also represents and warrants that he or she is authorized to so act.
To apply, visit the individual Hackathon pages.
So what are you waiting for? Register now and submit your projects by June 24th. Build with Facebook.
For more information, visit Facebook Online Hackathon.