Arts & Culture Trust (ACT) Professional Development Grants in Music 2020 for South African artists
Deadline: July 12, 2020
The Arts & Culture Trust (ACT) invites applications for the ACT Professional Development Grant in Music. The ACT Professional Development Programme has been assisting South African artists for 25 years, with the support of the Nedbank Arts Affinity. This amounts to over 800 organisations and projects nationwide and a contribution valued at more than R23 million.
They are looking to support South African artists in producing high-quality, innovative local art that serves our communities and the larger sector:
- Projects that present innovative ways to serve communities and reach audiences.
- Projects of an interdisciplinary and collaborative nature.
- Projects that showcase high artistic and professional merit.
- Projects to take place between September 2020 and September 2021.
A total of nine grants will be awarded for this open call.
Only South African nationals may apply and projects must take place in South Africa. Allocation of grants is at the discretion of the ACT board of trustees. The decision with regard to all applications for funding is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- Emerging/Midlevel artists and organisations are eligible to apply for one of six small grants of R30 000 each, while established artists and organisations are eligible to apply for one of three grants of R80 000 each.
- To be eligible for the emerging/midlevel, ACT Professional Development Grant organisations must have been operating professionally for at least one year and have experience of managing budgets of less than R50 000.
- To be considered established, organisations must have been in operation for three or more years and have a proven track record of successful projects with budgets exceeding R50 000.
For more information, visit ACT.