Canon Collins RMTF Scholarships 2021 for Postgraduate Study in Education in South Africa
Deadline: August 10, 2020
Applications are open for the Canon Collins RMTF Scholarships 2021 for Postgraduate Study in Education in South Africa. The Canon Collins Trust in partnership with RMTF seek to support exceptional individuals who are committed to social justice in southern Africa and for whom a postgraduate qualification is an essential tool in working to create an open and just society.
In 2021, due to the impact of COVID-19 pandemic and funding availability, the trust will only be supporting postgraduate studies within the area of Education for selected countries in southern Africa.
The research focus must relate to one of the following themes:
- Improving quality of education in southern Africa
- Access to education in southern Africa
- They will provide funding for up to a maximum of two years for Masters and three years for PhD. The value of the scholarship package will range from R20,000 to R100,000 depending on student circumstances. They support both full and part-time study and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning.
- They also organise an annual conference for current scholars, and hold several smaller events throughout the year. Scholarship holders are expected to participate in these activities and to become part of and contribute to their network.
- Applicants will automatically be considered for the Ros Moger Terry Furlong scholarship.
- Applicants must be a national of, or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Swaziland, Zambia;
- Be normally resident in one of the above countries;
- Be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application;
- Be studying or applying to study at a South African university.
You must ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria, otherwise your application will not be considered.
For more information, visit Canon Collins/RMTF Scholarships.