Akili Dada Rise Project 2020 for Women/Girls’ Rights Organizations in East Africa
Deadline: September 29, 2020
Are you a young woman leader below the age of 35? Do you believe in feminist theory and practice? Are you leading an organization in Kenya, Rwanda or Tanzania? Apply for the Akili Dada Rise Project 2020.
Akili Dada, through the Dadas Rise Project, seeks to empower budding heads of women’s rights/girls’ rights organizations to effectively engage in the feminist movement in East Africa. Specifically, the project seeks to:
- Build the capacity of heads of women/girls’ rights organizations to engage in transformative leadership;
- Build the capacity of young women leaders to participate in critical conversations to influence change;
- Build a platform for young women leaders within the movement to collectively organize for change.
About Akili Dada
Akili Dada is an award-winning leadership incubator for girls and young women. Their mission is to nurture a pipeline of young transformative female leaders who hold equality and justice at heart. Akili Dada is headquartered in Nairobi – Kenya, with a growing national and regional presence. Nationally, Akili Dada works across 27 counties in Kenya with
programmatic reach in Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
They apply a holistic approach to educating and cultivating leadership in adolescent girls and young women, ages 13 – 35, employing four key strategies to nurture growth and meaningful impact: financial investment, leadership development, mentorship, and feminist movement building. By selecting from and building the capacity of some of Africa’s most innovative young women, they are meeting the urgent need for more African women in leadership, as well as the overarching need for creative and empathetic leadership that holds justice at its core.
- Open to organizations based in Kenya, Tanzania or Rwanda;
- They must have a primary focus in advancing women’s and girls’ rights;
- Be young women led (the Executive Director must be 35 years old and below).
If interested, submit an expression of interest (motivation letter), personal profile and organizational profile to [email protected] The expression of interest should have a clear explanation of why they should select you for the project and your current capacity gaps.
For more information, visit Akili Dada.