Digital Human Rights Lab Innovation Program 2021 for Human Rights Defenders [Uganda only]
Deadline: December 15, 2020
Do you have an idea, solution or approach to improve human rights work? Apply now for the Digital Human Rights Lab Innovation Program 2021. The Innovation Program aims to create digital solutions for Human Rights Defenders to execute their work in better, more efficient and more secure ways.
The program is structured to follow this order:
- Design Sprint: After the Call for Ideas 10 teams get pre-selected to join the 3-Day Design Sprint. You will work together with trained coaches for 3 intensive days (in January) to develop, refine and redesign your idea, solution or approach.
- Pitch Event: At the Pitch Event (in February) the 10 teams present their ideas, solutions and projects. Based on common selection criteria, the jury selects 4 winning teams which will receive the grant and further support in terms of a 6-month Mentorship Program.
- Mentorship Program: In the following 6 months after the Pitch Event, experienced mentors will support the 4 winning teams according to their specific needs.
Areas of Action
The 6 Areas of Action show the thematic areas in human rights work in Uganda in which there is a high demand for innovative digital solutions, approaches and ideas.
- Digital Inclusion
- Capacity Building
- Security, safety and privacy
- Knowledge sharing and collaborative learning
- Health care
- Media on/offline
- Teams can win up to 60.000.000 UGX in total and qualify for the following 6-month Mentorship Program.
- Open to team with a digital idea, project or approach to improve human rights work;
- They must be based in Uganda;
- They highly encourage women or people belonging to minority groups to apply.
Applications for all eligible teams will be open until December 15, 2020. Applications after this date will not be considered.
For more information, visit Digital Human Rights Lab.