Deadline: February 19, 2021
Applications for the University of Toronto Provost’s Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2021 are now open. The University of Toronto Provost’s Postdoctoral Fellowship program provides funding to Graduate Faculties to increase opportunities for hiring postdoctoral fellows from underrepresented groups, specifically Indigenous and Black researchers.
These fellowships will enable postdoctoral researchers to grow their scholarly profiles, undertake academic work at the University of Toronto, and strengthen the research environment at the University with diverse perspectives.
- Each award will provide $70,000 per year to Faculties to support up to two years of postdoctoral salary and benefits.
- Successful postdoctoral fellows will also receive a start-up (salary) fund of $5,000 per year, funded through the Faculty Research Office or faculty advisor.
The award is open to both domestic and international post-graduates.
- Demonstrate academic excellence and high potential for success in their chosen fields;
- Identify as Indigenous and/or Black;
- Have obtained a doctoral degree, at the time the fellowship commences and normally within the last five years from the start of the fellowship; and
- Not have held a Provost’s Postdoctoral Fellowship previously.
- Begin the fellowship by December 31, 2021;
- Be a postdoctoral employee of the University of Toronto;
- Be associated with a supervisor appointed to a graduate unit;
- Register and remain registered with the Postdoctoral Office at SGS;
- Not hold concurrently another major fellowship;
- Not hold a faculty position or be on leave from such a position;
- Establish an IDP (Independent Development Plan), and submit to SGS within the first three months of the fellowship. The IDP should be reviewed annually and the revised copy sent to the Postdoctoral Office at SGS; and
- Submit proof of completion of degree no later than three months after the fellowship commences if they had not fulfilled all requirements for their degree at the time of nomination.
Applicants must submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Statement of research intent (maximum 2 pages)
- CV (no page limit)
- Three letters of support
- A copy of completion of degree
All materials must be addressed and submitted to Professor Elspeth Brown, [email protected] no later than 5pm EST on February 19, 2021.
For more information, visit University of Toronto.