Black Girl Ventures NextGen Program 2022 ($5,000 stipend & more)
Deadline: February 4, 2022
Applications for the Black Girl Ventures NextGen Program 2022 are now open. The BGV NextGen Program was created for the next generation of Black and Brown entrepreneurs in mind attending Historically Black College or University (HBCUs) nationally. This experience will create access to capital, capacity, and community for student visionaries ranging from 18 to 24 years old.
During the 8-week accelerator training, student visionaries will:
- Be matched with a group of peers across of the country.
- Access culturally-centered entrepreneurial education through BGV’s 8-week JetPack Accelerator program.
- Develop money management and business development skills.
- Gain the opportunity to pitch for access to capital to grow their businesses.
- Gain the opportunity to get mentorship and feedback on your business.
- You’ll receive a $5K stipend – plus in-kind resources to grow your business idea.
- Entrepreneurship skills development training through the BGV Jetpack for Early Entrepreneurs curriculum.
- Lifetime membership to the BGV Connect platform: BGV Connect is Black Girl Ventures’ online incubator for Black/Brown founders.
- You’ll gain access to a network of student visionaries, mentors and expert feedback to solidify and grow your business.
- You will have the opportunity to showcase your business to funders.
- You’ll have access to BGV’s expanding network of partners and capital providers.
- You will have the opportunity to qualify to participate in a BGV Pitch competition and gain access to more capital to grow your business.
- Black Girl Ventures co-branded swag from BGV and their sponsors!
- Have a business or viable business idea.
- Must Identify as a Black or Brown
- Must be enrolled at a HBCU.
- Must be 18-24 years old.
- Have the ability to commit to approximately 3 hours per week for 8 weeks.
- Have interest in growing your network and being a part of a community of student entrepreneurs across the country.
After completing the application form, you’ll receive an invitation to submit a short video introduction of you and your business/business idea.
For more information, visit Black Girl Ventures.